Energy, both thermal and electrical, can be a major operational expense at your facility. Fortunately, there are many tips to help you become more efficient that are low- or no-cost improvements. Additionally, many of the energy utilities in the State of Minnesota offer rebate programs to help defray the costs of improvements that lead to less energy consumed at your facility. Starting with a facility-wide energy use assessment may help you better understand your energy use and where savings may be available. The following steps can help you get started.
- Understand your utility bill
- Analyze energy use in your facility
- Conduct a plant walk-through
- Gather detailed energy use data on energy-consuming operations
- Use a team to generate a list of energy efficiency opportunities
- Conduct a technical and cost analysis on each opportunity
- Generate an action plan for implementation
More information about energy efficiency is available in the energy effiicency section of our Web site.
Like our content and want to share it with others? Please see our reprint policy.