Water conservation is an important step in greening your business. In Minnesota, it is likely that you are paying at least twice for your water, once for the water coming into your facility, and once for the discharge you are sending to local wastewater treatment facility. The following tips can help you reduce water use:
- Understand your water flow
- Reuse water
- Use high-pressure, low volume wet cleaning systems
- Optimize nozzle type for the application
- Prevent leaks by developing a preventative maintenance program
- Turn water off when not in use
- Train your employees about water conservation
- Create water reduction incentives
- Review your clean-in-place (CIP) system
Additional information is available in the water conservation section of our Web site.
Like our content and want to share it with others? Please see our reprint policy.