Save the Date: Intern Symposium
August 22, 2017
This year's MnTAP Intern Symposium features 17 projects at companies around the state. The interns will highlight the opportunities they have identified for saving water, energy, and waste during their 3-month internships. Six water conservation projects will be summarized in one of three rooms. Each presentation is 15 minutes with five minutes for questions. A poster session will also allow attendees time to learn more about each project. Join them on August 22nd at the McNamara Alumni Center, University of Minnesota. Registration for the event will be coming soon!
If you have any questions or need more information contact Nathan Landwehr, MnTAP's Intern Program Administrator, at 612-624-4697 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the 2017 intern projects in alphabetical order:
- Advanced Extrusion, Rogers: Reduce energy and waste in plastic extrusion operations.
- Aqseptence Group Inc., New Brighton: Reduce water use in sheet metal fabrication processes.
- Bailey Nurseries, Cottage Grove: Water conservation in plant production.
- Center for Energy & the Environment, Twin Cities: Increase energy efficiency at small industrial facilities.
- CertainTeed Roofing, Shakopee: Increase production rates, reduce water use and optimize evaporative cooling process in shingle manufacturing.
- City of New Prague Wastewater Treatment Facility, New Prague: Optimize wastewater treatment processes.
- Diasorin Inc., Stillwater: Optimize water use in medical diagnostic devices manufacturing.
- Electric Machinery, Minneapolis: Water reduction at a large motor manufacturer.
- Fulton Brewery, Minneapolis: Reduce waste and wastewater at a craft brewery.
- Kerry Ingredients and Flavours, Rochester: Improve energy and chemical use efficiency.
- Minneapolis Water Treatment & Distribution Services, Columbia Heights: Optimize chemical treatment process to reduce chemical use aimprove discharge water quality
- Phillips Community, Minneapolis: Improving air quality at small businesses by encouraging the adoption of products and processes that eliminate hazardous air pollutants and reduce emissions of volatile organ compounds.
- Phillip's Distilling, Princeton: Energy and water conservation in a distillery.
- Plastech Corp, Rush City: Waste and energy reduction in a plastic injection molding operation.
- Seneca Foods, Rochester: Reduce product loss and improve water and chemical use efficiency.
- SkyWater Technology Foundry, Bloomington: Optimize energy efficiency of air handling systems
- Smith Foundry, Minneapolis: Improve air quality through process optimization.
Like our content and want to share it with others? Please see our reprint policy.