Thank you for your interest in the MnTAP intern program. The Minnesota Technical Assistance Program (MnTAP) has filled the 14 internship positions for the Summer of 2016 (see a list of the 2016 internships below). This year, nearly 25 companies and more than 195 students applied for 14 projects — the largest group of summer intern projects ever coordinated by MnTAP. Funding partners include Metropolitan Council of Environmental Services (water conservation), Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (pollution prevention), Minnesota Department of Commerce, Chemical Coaters Association International – Twin Cities Chapter, Minnesota Power, Dakota Electric, CenterPoint Energy, and Xcel Energy (energy efficiency).
To apply for a 2017 internship, complete the online application form below and submit it with your cover letter, resume, an unofficial transcript (from all colleges you have attended), and a writing sample (a technical writing sample or report is preferred). Students may also download the intern application (PDF or Microsoft Word) and submit it and all other required materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority is given to students who apply before March 1, 2017, however applications will be accepted until March 31, 2017 or until all positions are filled. Cover letters should be addressed to Linda Maleitzke, MnTAP Intern Administrator.
2016 MnTAP Internship Host Companies:
- FILLED: Lead a project focused on energy efficiency at small industrial facilities, Center for Energy & the Environment, Twin Cities, MN
- FILLED: Lead a project focused on optimizing wastewater treatment processes, City of Saint Peter Wastewater Treatment Facility, Saint Peter, MN
- FILLED: Lead a project focused on water conservation and water quality issues at a major urban healthcare campus, HCMC, Minneapolis, MN
- FILLED: Lead a project focused on water conservation and water reuse opportunities at several production sites of a major concrete products provider, Cemstone, Twin Cities locations, MN
- FILLED: Lead a project focused on water conservation for priority residential landscape and turf irrigation systems, City of Woodbury, Woodbury, MN
- FILLED: Lead a project focused on water conservation at a food processing facility, Land O'Lakes, Pine Island, MN
- FILLED: Lead a project focused on water conservation for priority school property landscape and turf, and athletic field irrigation systems, Anoka Hennepin Independent School District (ISD 11), Anoka, MN
- FILLED: Lead a process engineering project focused on paint transfer efficiency & energy efficiency, Nordic Ware, St Louis Park, MN
- FILLED: Lead a project focused on researching water conservation and reuse opportunities, optimizing nitrogen use, and improving recycling capabilities, TEL-FSI, Chaska, MN
- FILLED: Lead a project focused on optimizing refrigeration and cleaning water use to reduce energy and water costs, Lorentz Meats, Cannon Falls, MN
- FILLED: Lead a project to optimize systems, reduce energy consumption, and find green chemistry alternatives, IBM, Rochester, MN
- FILLED: Lead a project to evaluate opportunities for water conservation and reuse, Xcel Energy, Twin Cities Metro Area, MN
- FILLED: Lead a project focused on benchmarking and source reduction in Lincoln Park neighborhood, Ecolibrium 3, Duluth, MN
- FILLED: Lead a project to optimize systems, reduce water consumption, and save energy in an industrial laboratory, R&D Systems, Minneapolis, MN
Like our content and want to share it with others? Please see our reprint policy.