Thank you for your interest in the MnTAP intern program. The Minnesota Technical Assistance Program (MnTAP) is seeking junior or senior college students to work on waste reduction and energy efficiency projects at companies in Minnesota for the summer of 2014. This year MnTAP is funding eleven projects in locations around the state. The projects are at different companies and in a variety of industries. Specific project descriptions for each of the eleven projects are listed below:
- Water conservation and sludge reduction project (EcoFinishing Company, Fridley, MN)
- Water conservation and energy efficiency project (GE Power & Water, Minnetonka, MN)
- Improve electric and natural gas energy efficiency at steel production facility (Gerdau, St Paul Mill)
- Reduce wastewater loading and well water usage at a food processing facility (Kerry Ingredients, Rochester, MN)
- Energy conservation at a food processing facility (Kraft Foods, Albany, MN)
- Lean manufacturing project focused on increasing efficiency and reducing chemical waste (MGK in Chaska, MN)
- Reduce solid and organic waste and improve recycling at state agencies (MPCA in St. Paul, MN)
- Reduce electric energy consumption at Wastewater Treatment Facility (City of St. Cloud, MN)
- Research water conservation and reuse opportunities and improve electric energy efficiencies (Tokyo Electron Ltd. - TEL-FSI in Chaska, MN)
- Improve yield and reduce process waste (Uponor, Apple Valley, MN)
- Lean manufacturing project focused on energy efficiency (Uponor, Apple Valley, MN)
To apply for an internship, complete the online application form below and submit it with your cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcript. Students may also download the intern application (PDF or Microsoft Word) and submit it and all other required materials to: email@example.com. Priority will be given to students who apply before March 1, however applications will be considered until all positions are filled. Cover letters should be addressed to Linda Maleitzke, MnTAP Intern Administrator.
Like our content and want to share it with others? Please see our reprint policy.