Thank you for your interest in the MnTAP intern program. The Minnesota Technical Assistance Program (MnTAP) is seeking junior or senior college students to work on waste reduction, water conservation, lean manufacturing, and energy efficiency projects at companies in Minnesota for the summer of 2017.
This year MnTAP plans to support 17 projects in locations around the state. The projects are at different companies and in a variety of industries. Specific project descriptions for several selected projects are listed below and have detailed descriptions linked in pdf format. Check back soon as additional projects will be listed as they are approved. You can complete the application to be considered for all positions.
- Lead a project focused on energy efficiency at small industrial facilities, Center for Energy & the Environment, Twin Cities, MN
- Lead a project focused energy and waste reduction in a plastic injection molding operation, Plastech Corp, Rush City, MN
- Lead a project focused on improving air quality at small businesses, Phillips Community, Minneapolis, MN
- Lead a project focused on foundry optimization for air quality improvement, Smith Foundry, Minneapolis, MN
- Lead a project focused on water conservation, Bailey Nurseries, Cottage Grove, MN
- Lead a project focused on optimizing a chemical treatment process to reduce chemical use and improve discharge water quality, Minneapolis Water Treatment & Distribution Services, Columbia Heights, MN
- Lead a project focused on reducing product loss, and optimizing efficiency with water and chemical usage, Seneca Foods, Rochester, MN.
- Lead a project focused on optimizing wastewater treatment processes, City of New Prague Wastewater Treatment Facility, New Prague, MN.
- Lead a project focused on optimizing the evaporative cooling of product to increase production rates and reduce water use, CertainTeed Roofing, Shakopee, MN
- Lead a project focused on reducing water usage in manufacturing processes , Aqseptence Group Inc., New Brighton, MN
- Lead a project focused on water reduction at a large motor manufacturer, Electric Machinery, Minneapolis MN
- Lead a project focused on water use optimization in medical diagnostic devices manufacturing, Diasorin Inc., Stillwater, MN
- Lead a project project focused on optimizing the energy efficiency of air handling systems, SkyWater Technology Foundry, Bloomington, MN
- Lead a project focused on energy conservation and water reduction in a distillery, Phillip's Distilling, Princeton, MN
- Lead a project focused on energy and waste reduction in a plastic extrusion operation, Advanced Extrusion, Rogers, MN
- Lead a project focused on energy efficiency and chemical optimization, Kerry Ingredients and Flavours, Rochester, MN
- Lead a project focused on water and wastewater reduction at a craft brewery, Fulton Brewing Company, Minneapolis, MN
To apply for a 2017 internship, complete the online application form below and submit it with your cover letter, resume, an unofficial transcript (from all colleges you have attended), and a writing sample (a technical writing sample or report is preferred). Students may also download the intern application (PDF or Microsoft Word) and submit it and all other required materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority is given to students who apply before March 1, 2017, however applications will be accepted until March 31, 2017 or until all positions are filled. Cover letters should be addressed to Nathan Landwehr, MnTAP Intern Administrator.
Like our content and want to share it with others? Please see our reprint policy.