Thank you for your interest in the MnTAP intern program. The Minnesota Technical Assistance Program (MnTAP) is seeking junior or senior college students to work on waste reduction, water conservation, lean manufacturing, and energy efficiency projects at companies in Minnesota for the summer of 2015.
This year MnTAP will support 13 projects in locations around the state. The projects are at different companies and in a variety of industries. Specific project descriptions for 12 of the 13 projects are listed below and attached in pdf format. The remaining project description will be posted when it is available.
- Lead a project focused on water conservation for commercial irrigation systems, City of Woodbury, MN
- Reduce water usage and wastewater loading at Le Sueur Cheese - Davisco Foods - Le Sueur Cheese Company, Le Sueur, MN
- Water conservation and sludge reduction project - Eco Finishing, Fridley, MN
- Reduce Solid Waste and Improve Recycling at Park Nicollet Clinics - Park Nicollect Clinics, Twin Cities metro area, MN
- Evaluate opportunities for water reuse or reduction - Xcel Energy Riverside plant, Minneapolis, MN
- Reduce Water Uses Supporting A Wet Laid Manufacturing Process and Identify and Model Steam Use Employing the DOE Steam System Assessment Tool - 3M Cottage Grove facility, Cottage Grove, MN
- Reduce water usage, wastewater loading and energy, Sanimax, South St Paul, MN
- Reduce water and energy usage, Lloyd's BBQ, St. Paul, MN
- Reduce Solid Waste and Improve Recycling at Southwest MN Businesses - Cottonwood, Nobles, and Jackson Counties, MN
- Lean Manufacturing Project focused on Improved Process Efficiency and Reduced Energy Consumption - Lou Rich, Albert Lea, MN
- Lean Manufacturing Project Focused on Improving Product Yield and Reducing Wastewater Loading at an Ice Cream Manufacturer - Kemps LLC Ice Cream plant, Rochester, MN
- Lean Manufacturing Project to Increase Efficiency and Reduce Energy - Firminich, New Ulm, MN
To apply for an internship in 2015, complete the online application form below and submit it with your cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcript. Students may also download the intern application (PDF or Microsoft Word) and submit it and all other required materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority will be given to students who apply before March 15, 2015, however applications will be considered until all positions are filled. Cover letters should be addressed to Linda Maleitzke, MnTAP Intern Administrator.
Like our content and want to share it with others? Please see our reprint policy.