Thank you for your interest in the MnTAP intern program. The Minnesota Technical Assistance Program (MnTAP) is seeking junior or senior college students to work on waste reduction, water conservation, lean manufacturing, and energy efficiency projects at companies in Minnesota for the summer of 2015.
This year MnTAP will support 13 projects in locations around the state. The projects are at different companies and in a variety of industries. Specific project descriptions for the projects still needing to be filled are listed below and attached in pdf format.
- Reduce water usage and wastewater loading at Le Sueur Cheese - Davisco Foods - Le Sueur Cheese Company, Le Sueur, MN
- Water conservation and process optimization project - Eco Finishing, Fridley, MN
- Evaluate opportunities for water reuse or reduction - Xcel Energy Riverside plant, Minneapolis, MN
- Reduce Water Uses Supporting A Wet Laid Manufacturing Process and Identify and Model Steam Use Employing the DOE Steam System Assessment Tool - 3M Cottage Grove facility, Cottage Grove, MN
- Energy efficiency and pollution prevention at a manufacturer of road paving equipment - Caterpillar Paving, Brooklyn Park, MN
- Reduce water and energy usage, Lloyd's BBQ, St. Paul, MN
- Reduce Solid Waste and Improve Recycling at Southwest MN Businesses - Cottonwood, Nobles, and Jackson Counties, MN
To apply for an internship in 2015, complete the online application form below and submit it with your cover letter, resume, an unofficial transcript (from all colleges you have attended), and a writing sample (a technical writing sample or report is preferred). Students may also download the intern application (PDF or Microsoft Word) and submit it and all other required materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority will be given to students who apply before March 31, 2015, however applications will be considered until all positions are filled. Cover letters should be addressed to Linda Maleitzke, MnTAP Intern Administrator.
Like our content and want to share it with others? Please see our reprint policy.