In his past, Mick spent 12 years with an environmental remediation and engineering contractor, where he provided environmental consulting, spill response, and site remediation project management. Mick has used and continues to use that knowledge and experience to assist facilities within the metal casting and transportation maintenance industries through his work at MnTAP. He has been providing pollution prevention and energy efficiency solutions on behalf of MnTAP for nearly 20 years. Mick relies upon his training in process heat efficiency and energy management to better understand that the smallest energy improvement in facilities will mean big savings at today’s energy prices.
Mick also helps many facilities realize pollution prevention opportunities. Through two contracts with the Department of Military Affairs (DMA), Mick analyzed the maintenance operations of the Minnesota Army National Guard. From 2003-2005, he wrote a pollution prevention plan and reported 20 pollution prevention opportunities for the DMA, such as hazardous and solid waste reductions in maintenance shops. In 2009-2010, Mick identified ten additional pollution prevention opportunities.
Mick also understands the burdens of regulatory compliances. He knows how difficult it can be for smaller businesses to understand and comply with regulations. Mick is dedicated to making assistance information more clear.
Education / Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, University of Minnesota Duluth
- Training in Energy Management
- Spray Technique Analysis and Research (STAR)
- Painting and Coating Compliance Enhancement (PACE)
- Die Casting Defects Training
- Visual Inspections (Die Casting) Training
- (Past) Registered Environmental Manager
- (Past) Health Certified Underground Storage Tank Tester
- (Past) Hazmat Level A
- American Foundry Society (AFS)
- North American Die Casting Association (NADCA)
- Pollution Prevention and Energy Efficiency in Vehicle Maintenance Facilities
- Pollution Prevention and Energy Efficiency in Metal Casting Facilities
Like our content and want to share it with others? Please see our reprint policy.