Paul uses his practical environmental experience coupled with an insider’s sensitivity to business to address pollution prevention and energy efficiency concerns of facilities within the paint, powder coating, and wood finishing industries. Additionally, he works with Matt Domski to address the energy efficiency needs of Minnesota’s food processors.
Paul is currently working with clients to streamline techniques for painting and wood finishing. While working with these clients, he points out that greater efficiency leads to lower emissions and easier compliance with environmental rules. Paul specifically deals with the reduction of volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions. These compounds are contained in many solvent-based paints. Paul also works with facilities to encourage the use of low- and no-phosphorus conversion coating. This type of change can help facilities lower their wastewater loading, save money, and potentially reduce their energy use.
Paul says that working for MnTAP has kept him at the technological forefront of his field. His job gives him the opportunity to keep pace with industry advances and innovations. Additionally, Paul actively participates in the Twin Cities’ chapter of the Chemical Coaters Association International and has been instrumental in the organization of the Minnesota Paint and Powder Coating Expo.
Education / Training
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, University of Minnesota
- Certified Energy Manager
- Project Management Training
- Counselor Salesperson Training
- Department of Energy Training:
- Fundamentals of Compressed Air Systems
- Motor Systems Management
- Fan System Assessment
- Process Heating Systems Assessment Training
- Chemical Coaters Association International (CCAI), Director on Twin Cities' Chapter Board
- Association of Energy Engineers, Twin Cities Chapter
- Minnesota Paint and Power Coating Expo organizer
- Pollution Prevention Planning and Toxic Release Inventory
- Painting and Coating Efficiency
- Pollution Prevention and Energy Efficiency Opportunities for:
- Wood Finishers
- Powder Coating Facilities
- Energy Efficiency Opportunities for Food Processors
Like our content and want to share it with others? Please see our reprint policy.